WASHING INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR NEW KIMONO
Please take the time to review the kimono care recommendations below.
These are meant to help prolong the lifespan of your new gi,
and protect it from damage and shrinking.
- Wash in cold water. Never use hot water.
- Hang or line dry.*
- Never use chlorine bleach. Chlorine bleach will damage the fibers of the gi.
*It is always advised that you order your gi according to each brands' own sizing chart. If the uniform fits a little too large
right out of the bag, a dryer -properly used- can be used make the gi, "shrink to fit".
To do this, we recommend first washing the gi in cold water and then placing it in the dryer at a low setting. Check on the kimono
every 5-10 minutes until it has reached the desired size, and then hang dry for the duration.
- Wash in cold water.
- Never use Chlorine bleach.
- Hang or line dry.
Optional Suggestions for Blue/Black/Colored uniforms
- Prior to the first wash, soak the gi in the a sink or tub with 2-3 cups of white vinegar and water. Let it soak for 20-30 minutes,
and then wash. This will help set the color in your gi and minimize its fading.
- On future washes, use only a color safe detergent.
These guidelines and suggestions are provided as a service of BudoVideos.com and are meant as a helpful
resource to maximize the return on the investment you have made in purchasing this new gi.
BudoVideos.com cannot be held accountable for damage, shrinkage, fading of color, etc...that may result from the gi being washed in any fashion.
As per our return policy, once washed, a gi is no longer eligible for return or exchange under any circumstances.