List Price: $14.95$10.95Bar-jutsu: The American Art of Bar Fighting, is a step-by-step guide to defending yourself against those brazen pub predators. Learn More
List Price: $15.95$10.95The average person isn’t looking to be in a situation where fists are going to fly,
but many of us have found ourselves there anyway. At that moment, it’s probably
too late to do anything about it. But how do we change circumstances so those
situations don’t happen? How Not to Get Hit is a book on personal safety for
people who don’t want to learn to fight, but do want to learn how to avoid those
situations where a fight is likely to develop. Learn More
List Price: $21.95$19.95In The Principles of Unarmed Combat, Black Belt Magazine columnist Mark Jacobs breaks down the essential skills of empty-handed martial arts. Whether you train to win in the ring or survive on the street, this book will show you why some fighting skills work and why some don’t. Plus you’ll learn how to troubleshoot problem areas in your training, no matter what style you practice. Learn More
List Price: $25.00$18.95This book stands alone as an introduction to the context of self-defense. There are seven elements that must be addressed to bring self-defense training to something approaching ‘complete.’ Any training that dismisses any of these areas leaves you vulnerable.
1. Legal and ethical implications. A student learning self-defense must learn force law. Otherwise it is possible to train to go to prison. Side by side with the legal rules, every student must explore his or her own ethical limitations. Most do not really know where this ethical line lies within them.
2. Violence dynamics. Self-defense must teach how attacks happen. Students must be able to recognize an attack before it happens and know what kind they are facing.
3. Avoidance. Students need to learn and practice not fighting. Learning includes escape and evasion, verbal de-escalation, and also pure-not-be there avoidance.
4. Counter-ambush. If the student didn’t see the precursors or couldn’t successfully avoid the encounter he or she will need a handful of actions trained to reflex level for a sudden violent attack.
5. Breaking the freeze. Freezing is almost universal in a sudden attack. Students must learn to recognize a freeze and break out of one.
6. The fight itself. Most martial arts and self-defense instructors concentrate their time right here. What is taught just needs to be in line with how violence happens in the world.
7. The aftermath. There are potential legal, psychological, and medical effects of engaging in violence no matter how justified. Advanced preparation is critical. Learn More
List Price: $21.95$14.80Following the interpretation of defensive moments within this modern mixed martial art over the last decade by some of the most influential instructors in the field, this detailed guide is the definitive companion for self-defense practitioners. Compiled from articles from the Black Belt magazine Learn More
Total Defense - Grappling and Striking Defenses Against Common Street Attacks Book by Loren ChristensenList Price: $19.95$13.45Have you ever disarmed a knife wielding attacker? Been attacked by 2 or 3 thugs at the same time? Carjacked? Suckerpunched? Clubbed? Learn More
List Price: $24.95$19.95Close Quarter Combat (Book) by MAJ Jeffrey Prather, founder of Warriorschool. Prather, a Bujinkan master, developed CQC from Ninjutsu as a hand combat system for Army Special Forces while serving with the 7th SFG (A). Shot at Mott Lake on Ft. Bragg with SF soldiers... Learn More
List Price: $34.95$28.95There is nothing pretty or clean about brawling. It hurts, it’s frightening, it’s brutal and it’s ugly. If you accept the fact that all fighting is dirty all the time, then you must take advantage of every dirty trick you can muster. That’s where this book comes in. Learn More
List Price: $29.95$24.95Extreme Joint Locking and Breaking isn’t about sport fighting, flashy moves or how to become a better person through a martial art. It presents realistic grappling techniques designed to control and restrain through the application of pain to the joints. Learn More
List Price: $29.95$23.95Fair Fight? Not likely. Least of all from a criminal who is looking to make a quick profit at your expense. A sad fact is that weapon-wielding thugs victimize 1,773,000 citizens every year in the United States alone. Even martial artists are not immune from this deadly threat. Learn More