The long awaited Williams guard instructional is finally here! Shawn Williams breaks down what John Danaher coined, the Williams Guard. In the second part of the series, Shawn shows you all of the submission possibilities once you have the Williams Guard locked down; From Triangles, arm bars, omoplatas to reverse Kimuras.
Disc 1 - Set Ups
- Intro, Main Concepts and History
- The Williams Guard Explained
- Key Components of Pummeling
- How to Pummel
- Effective Pummeling Drill
- No set up
- Pummel with head control
- Pummel with head control - with resistance
- Pummel with shin control
- Hold shin and bridge
- Up and Over
- Reverse Kimura when opponent is stalling
- Switching sides
- Hand on Bicep release
- Pummel while opponent punches
- Punching set up
Disc 2 - Traps and Submissions
- Armlock when Opponent keeps Inside Control
- Triangle - Bicep to Triangle Trap
- Triangle - Leg Shake Method
- Leg Around to Triangle Trap
- Omoplata - Going on own choice
- Omoplata - By Necessity 1
- Omoplata - By Necessity 2
- Countering the Step Over from the Williams Guard - Low Single
- Countering Omoplata Step Over with See Saw Sweep
- Countering Omoplata Cartwheel with Armlock
- Reverse Kimura
- Triangle from the Triangle Trap
- Armlock from Triangle Trap
- Pummel through back to Triangle Trap
- Flow Drill
- Omoplata extras - Swivel breakdown
- Omoplata extras - Nino leg tie up
- Omoplata extras - Nino Roll
- Omoplata extras - Kimura when opponent rolls
- Bonus - Williams guard to arm in guillotine
BONUS Disc! - Near Side Underhook Half Pass
The nearside underhook passing technique is probably one of the most under utilized half guard pass in BJJ. The position is rather unorthodox and goes against everything you probably already know about the half guard but try it and you will soon see why it is Shawn William's favorite half guard pass.
2. The near side underhook
3. How to establish the near underhook from half guard
4. Correct driving and head position
5. Driving leg to mount or side
6. Grapevine method
7. Grapevine method to beat the lockdown
8. Top side butterfly hook method
9. Using Top side butterfly hook to knee cut to opposite side & egg beater
10. Taking the back
11. Other positions to get the near side underhook
12. Technique recap
Great system to build your game around. Enough material on this set to use it for gi and no-gi.
Fantastic set. I have changed my entire bottom game to revolve around the William's guard now. Definitely worth the price. The best part is, it works for self-defense, competition and MMA. Even though they wear a Gi, it is not needed. This works Gi or No-Gi.
This set is very good.
Even though they're wearning gis it's all no gi applicable. Very well explain instruction. Like taking private lessons.
I train a 10th Planet all no gi.
The William Guard fits right in with the Rubber Guard. No gi needed.
I like how he says wrestling and BJJ go together and he explains that and gives examples. All ground techniques.
Triangles, Kimuras and Omo Plata in a series.