Shinkage Ryu Hyoho DVD by Tadashige Watanabe
The man known as Kamiizumi Ise-no-Kami,founder is highly recognized and respected for the deep spiritual level that he reached through the practice of Ken. In Setsunin-to, you pressure the opponent so that he can't move, and cut him down with one stroke of the sword. The Ken of the very rough, old days is part of this .On the other hand, Katsunin-to is about winning without letting the opponent begin to move. There are both psychological and technical aspects to both. Generally, the psychological aspect is the mental attitude of striking when the opponent is controlled and there is also a characteristic Shinkage-ryu strategy which is to win through making the opponent move. This is the first DVD which introduces the real history from Kamiizumi Ise-no-Kami to Watanabe Tadashige and the psychological & technical aspects of Shinkage-ryu Hyoho.
- Etiquette (The Art of Bowing)
- Shitto-ho: The art of holding the Katana
- Variations of Use According to the Training Process
- Ken and Taijutsu
- Characteristic Tachi Techniques of Shinkage-ryu
- Setsunin-to (Death-Giving Sword) / Katsunin-to (Life-Giving Sword)
- Honden (Main Transmission) and Naiden (Inner Transmission)
Language: Japanese with English subtitles
Run time: 95 min.