Shoto Tanemura is a well known name in the jujutsu world. President of the Genbukan Ninpo Bugei Dojo, Tanemura holds menkyo kaiden (full mastery) of Shinden Fudo Ryu and Kukishin Ryu. Tanemura holds the title of soke (lineage head) of the following traditional arts:
- Takagi Yoshin Ryu
- Bokuden Ryu
- Gikan Ryu
- Kukishin Ryu
- Vol 1: Samurai jujutsu fundamental techniques: Ancient dojo manners, bowing, etiquette, rolling, stances, grappling, joint locking, kicking, and punching.
- Vol 2: Samurai jujutsu intermediate techniques: Tanemura covers 27 techniques. Many of these techniques are similar to those found in Ninpo Tai-jutsu. (Genseki nage, Gojadori, Onikudaki, etc.)
- Vol 3: Samurai jujutsu advanced techniques: Tanemura instructs the techniques of Asayama Ichiden Ryu Taijutsu, Hontai Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jujutsu, , Kukishin Ryu Jujutsu, Shiden Tatara Ryu Taijutsu, and Yagyu Shingan Ryu Kachu Yawara. In their entirety, each school contains between 70 - 250 techniques. Tanemura demonstrates 3 patterns from each tradition for a total of 15 techniques.
- Vol 4: Samurai sword combat techniques: Tanemura's thorough and easy to understand demonstration covers key points of Japanese kenjutsu , from historical background to advanced techniques. The sword techniques used of the battlefield by samurai are shown here in their original forms.
- Vol 5: Samurai naginata and yari combat techniques: Tanemura performs techniques with the naginata (halberd) and yari (spear). These secret techniques have never been shown outside the walls of the Genbukan dojo in Japan!
- Vol 6: Samurai jujutsu history and traditions: See some of the master's scrolls and secret documents. Tanemura also answers a number of questions concerning the history of the martial arts, ninjutsu, jujutsu, karate, and more.
- Vol 7: Japanese law enforcement self defense techniques: Tanemura was a police officer and instructor of the Tokyo metropolitan police dept for 15 years. On this video, he shows techniques of vital importance to those involved in police work. These include arrest techniques, come alongs, choke and grab escapes, and defense against sticks, knives, and guns.