This is Kenji Ushiro's 7th book on Karate and Ki. Filled with photos and descriptive text.
● I think it is very important to see what is invisible. I take to heart Ushiro sensei's words: "The more humble you become, the more you see. Humility and self-sacrifice set your body and mind free. In this way, you will be able to read the mind of others. Then you can forgive people. That is where you can "enter the opponent" through your heart. (Hiroshima, Japan Female (36))
● Thank you very much for publishing such a wonderful book! Karate and Ki is not to be read. Its energy is to be felt with your whole body. It is incredible that just a book has such enormous power. I am full of "can-do" spirit. (Fukushima, Male (30))
● I've been reading all sorts of books on Ki. Karate and Ki is totally different from any other publication. I think Ushiro Sensei revolutionizes the method of opening human potential ability. (Hyogo, Japan, Male (50), Teacher)
● I came home past mid night and found Karate and Ki in the mailbox. Although I was going to wait until the weekend to read it, I began flipping through pages. I was caught up in Chapter 2 by Zaha Sensei and Ushiro Sensei's words. When I closed the book, the sun was rising. The next day, I felt that I looked at the world differently. Thank you very much for publishing such an incredible book. (Tokyo, Male (30))
● From both the text and photographs, I felt I could know Ushiro Sensei's stern and loving personality. His students thunderstruck faces show what Ushiro Sensei is capable of. Ushiro Sensei's book is something you can learn many things from by just one look. On the other hand, every time I read, I find it is new and my comprehension gets deeper. (Chiba, Japan, Male(29)) --Aiki News Website
● Despite a title that identifies this work as a book on karate, it is in fact much more. It is a book that touches on and delves into the transcendent nature of all genuine budo. My own teacher discussed what he called the omote and ura of existence. He believed budo was one gateway to the ura of existence, a pursuit that enabled one to touch a living world beyond our temporal consciousness. Most people who undertake martial arts training seek only the omote or outward manifestation of budo because they are not aware that this other, more elusive world exists. Ushiro sensei, with great passion conveys the totality of budo to the reader and offers not only encouragement to seek out that other world but also offers the reader a roadmap of how to get there. For the budo practitioner who seeks a deeper understanding of where he's headed and what riches exist in the study of budo, this book is a must have. It is book that will become tattered from being read over and over thru successive years because each time it is picked up, it is a new book, one with a new voice and a deeper message. (T. T. USA )