Join us as we delve into great detail about the first set of fundamental throws in Japanese Budo/Ninjutsu.
This curriculum supplemental video will help you internalize some of the secrets to proper footwork and intelligent body positioning. Learn the amazing off-balancing methods that the ninja are well-known for.
This is a must have for any practitioner of martial arts of any style.
- Osoto Gake (Big Outer Hook)
- Harai Goshi (Hip Sweep)
- Gyaku Nage (Reverse Lock Throw)
- Ganseki Nage Family (Big Rock Throw) - (Otoshi – smash, drop), Oshi – push/lever)
- Uchi Mata (Inner Thigh Hook)
- Uchi Gake (Inside Hook)
- Hane Goshi Nage (Upward Hip Shake)
- Taki Otoshi (Waterfall Drop/Retreat/Unfinished throw)
- Itami Nage (Throwing with Pain)
- Ryu Sui Iki (Dragon Waterfalling) (Sutemi Principle : Giving your body weight to add to the movement)
- Tachi Nagare (Standing Flowing)
- Yoko Nagare (Sideways Flowing)
- Kuruma (Wheel Landing/throwing)
- Te Makura (Hand Support Throw)
- Tomoe Nage (Comma, whirling Throw)
- Uzu Maki (Vortex throwing i.e. Ryote Gake)
- Seoi Nage (Back throws)
- Kuki Nage (Air/Vacuum Throw)