"The Biography of Tsuneo Ando" features one of Yoshinkan Aikido founder Gozo Shioda's top students, Tsuneo Ando Sensei. 6th dan, Ando Sensei speaks in a way that feels like the viewer is listening to an old friend. Honest, open, and personable describe the way Ando Sensei speaks and instructs. Sections include:
- Public Demonstrations
Ando Sensei's detailed instruction focuses on body power, center power, and posture. Sensei goes into explicit detail to explain the reasoning for his unique posture. Techniques and topics included in his instruction are:
- Shomen Uchi Ikkajo Osae
- Katate Mochi Nikajo Osae
- Yokomen Uchi Hiji Ate Kokyu Nage
- Katate Mochi Kotei Gaeshi
- Ushiro Ryote Mochi Kotei Gaeshi
- Suwariwaza Ryote Mochi Kokyu Ho
- Jiyu Waza
- Jiyu Waza with no Hands
- Knife Evasion
Ando sensei does just about everything Shioda Sensei did in his demonstrations and many say that Ando is the one who most closely resembles Shioda's Aikido.
"Mastering posture is the quickest way to learn Aikido" - Ando Sensei's quote of Gozo Shioda Sensei.
**This is a special order item:
- These items can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive here before they are ready to be shipped out by the selected courier service.
- Special order items are not eligible for return or exchange under any circumstances.
- Please review product details carefully before adding these items to your shopping cart.
Please Note: If you place an order for other items, they will be held and shipped together with the special order item when it is available. Alternatively you can place separate orders so your regular items will be shipped sooner.