Using the Filipino martial arts as a gateway,
Kuya Doug Marcaida makes the essential concepts of Range, Rhythm, and Timing accessible for all styles. Kuya Marcaida demonstrates how the application of these principles improves the practice of any martial art. He interchanges between open-handed and weapon-based training to show the wide scope of contexts in which these concepts facilitate exceptional martial arts.
Some of the techniques and subject matter presented in this DVD include:
- How to use proper ranging to gain advantage over your opponent.
- Footwork patterns for maintaining the optimal range.
- Drills with and without weapons to improve timing and rhythm.
- Explanation of beats and how they relate to attacking and defending.
- Timing and its applications.
- Skills to land multiple strikes for each attack.
- And More!
Kuya Doug Marcaida is ranked "Mandala" in Pekiti Tirsia Kali and is a Senior Master Instructor in Edge Impact Weapon Tactics. He has experience in teaching US and Philippine Force Recon Marines and Specialized Law Enforcement Units. He is also a Defensive Tactics Instructor for Law Enforcement Edge Impact weapons programs.