Master Paulo Wesley Lopes teaches Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Rio de Janeiro and is the head of the World BJJ Association. Numerous athletes come to him to take private lessons from all over the world. For the first time, Master Lopes has authorized the release of his private lessons.
The content of this media has no special effects or similar fancy footage. It was shot for his own library. This DVD is not recommended for beginners and intermediate athletes.
The techniques are not explained in great detail because they are directed towards Black Belts.
15 Mandatory Black Belt techniques
1. Double attack on the guard pass: armbar + leglock
2. Elbow lock on the half-guard
3. 'Catranca' lock on the mount
4. 'Cobra' choke on the mount
5. Gi choke on the arm block on the mount
6. 'Pagels' choke on the guard pass under the leg
7. Shoulder lock on the eri-seoi-nague
8. Inverted clock choke on the ground
9. Double attack on the mount: gi choke + triangle
10. Gi choke on the false setup of the clock choke
11. Gi choke on the top of the half-guard
12. Single leg with opponent's gi around the leg
13. Escape of side control with gi choke
14. Counter armbar on the defense of the armbar on the guard
15. Opening the guard with negative pressure on the bladder
16. 1996 Fighting footage featuring 'Pagels' choke
17. 2008 International of Masters & Seniors - Final bout
"To train with Master Paulo was a great leap in my career. I'd like to be able one day to pay back all the lessons that he has taught me. Technically is not necessary to say anything. Still today, he will train with anyone interested, he has a true jiu-jitsu, and he shows that what makes the difference is the technique. Master Paulo helped me to become the athlete and person I am today, which is what changed the way I am in the fights. Lopes was more than just Professor for me, I will use his lessons for the rest of my life and take him as an example to be followed by myself and all of my students." CAIO TERRA, 2008 ADULT BLACK BELT WORLD CHAMPION.