Master Ren GuangYi has worked tirelessly to bring Chen style Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) to the West since 1991. In this DVD, he beautifully demonstrates two fundamental Chen-style Taiji forms: the 75-movement long form, Lao Jia Yi Lu (Old Frame 1st Road), and the 49-movement Straight Sword form.
Captured in high-definition (HD) in New York's Central Park, each form is presented in a multiple-angle format, and showing the name of each movement. Each form is also shown in FlipperVision, a slideshow comprised of nearly 2,000 photos by famed photographer Martin von Haselberg, so you may carefully study each of Master Ren's postures in detail.
A martial artist since the 1980's and a private student of Master Ren, musician Lou Reed has experienced first-hand the health benefits and power of Master Ren's teaching, and he has done a great deal to help raise awareness of Chen Taiji worldwide, even bringing Master Ren on tour to perform onstage in hundreds of shows across Europe and the US.
This program features an ambient electronic soundtrack and onscreen narration by Lou Reed throughout.
"The music gives you energy." Lou Reed
- DVD Special features: Two Chen Taijiquan Forms on one DVD
- Demonstration of Fa Jing, “emitting power”, the signature of Chen Taiji.
- Use the ‘Angle’ button on your DVD remote for Multi-Angle DVD playback
- Amazing ‘FlipperVision’ of each of the movements in extreme detail
- Multi-Language Menus & Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, & Italian.
- All regions – playable on all DVD players worldwide!
Chen Style Taijiquan is a comprehensive form of exercise that promotes fitness, coordination and relaxation which remains true to its ancient martial arts origins. Chen Taijiquan is noted for its fluid, coiled movements, punctuated with quick bursts of energy, known as ‘Fa Jing”. Regular practice promotes wellness through a series of continuous, flowing movements, while providing powerful tools for self-defense.