Guard Pass Counters with Marcello Monteiro (On Demand)
What do you do when somebody is trying to pass your guard? You counter and make them pay! Learn how to counter your opponent from the bottom, how to control from the bottom, Marcello’s own open guard control positions, sweep and reversal set-ups and sweeps and reversals. This is the video to give you a better more dominate bottom game to work from and attack with.
Marcello demonstrates these techniques in the clear, logical manner that he is known for as an instructor.
Marcello's favorite guard pass counters are:
* Countering the double underhook and attacking the back
* Countering the double underhook to basic reversal
* Countering the double underhook to basic reversal trapping the arm
* Countering the double underhook controlliing one side to butterfly sweep
* Countering the double underhook going for the butterfly sweep trapping one arm
* Countering the double underhook rolling backwards to face the opponent
* Countering the double under hook to basic open guard control position
* Countering opponent back attack to butterfly guard
* Hugging the leg for omoplata attack to reversal countering the step over escape
* Half Guard sprawl pass counter to butterfly sweep trapping the arm to mount positon
* Half Guard sprawl pass counter to overhook butterfly sweep with side control
* Sprawl pass counter to overhook butterfly control going to armbar omoplata
* Countering the knee up applying the spider guard control
* Countering the knee up with one leg spider guard pushing the knee sweep
* Open guard control countering the knee up pushing the other knee for the sweep
* Knee up counter with sweep to triangle choke from open guard control
**You can watch as many times as you want.