TWiBJJ Wrap-Up: Episode 3Jun 22nd, 2012 by dane
Well, Readers … this is a bittersweet day. It’s a day of Farewell and Hello (Farelo, as I’ve come to know it). We are now on our third episode of our weekly BJJ News podcast called This Week in BJJ as you may or may not know (but should), and it’s been exciting to participate in it. Unfortunately, TWiBJJ makes the FWU somewhat redundant (and infinitely less compelling). After much soul searching (the time it took for me to drink a coconut water), I’ve decided to transition the Friday Wrap-Up to a TWiBJJ Wrap-Up. I’ll still add newsworthy items under the errata section as I see fit, but the FWU will cease to exist as it was – a standalone entity.
- Rafas bday yesterday
- Thoughts on the 50/50 position
- In the Worlds 2012 lead-up, Gui said that their job is to create new Jiu Jitsu (show clip).
- What is some advice you’d have for newer competitors or someone competing for the first time?
- Mendes bros seminar style
- Talk about training with the sheik Tahnoon Bin Zayed in Abu Dhabi
- David at the Jiu Jitsu Laboratory has finally put an end to our (my) soul-crushing anticipation for another analysis of something in BJJ it never occurred to me to analyze, but should have. I guess, he has a decent excuse. Congratulations David!
- Brendan over at GiReviews.net is writing an e-book detailing the details in purchasing a gi in a very detailed analysis. Take a look.
- The boys at BJJHacks.com have been busy producing videos on Lutre Livre, Milton Vieira and Felipe Costa. As usual, all the videos are quality and you should watch them.