This is part of the Nihon Kobudo series which documents nearly all of the Japanese traditional martial arts. This rare documentary and demonstration video covers the history and katas of Jikishinkage Ryu. Jikishinkage Ryu is an intense style of kenjutsu with distinctive breathing and footwork. Featured in this film is Omori Sogen who established the Chozen Ji Zen temple in Hawaii. Katas demonstrated in this video are:
- Kodachi (short sword) - 3 Katas
- Hojo - 4 katas (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
Those interested in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu, might be interested to know that Jiki Shinkage Ryu is one of the sword arts that Sokaku Takeda studied.
Founded circa 1570 by Matsuno Bizen no kami Naokatsu (1467-1524). There is no single current recognized soke. Practice weapons used in Jikishinkage Ryu are a heavy furibo, a large bokuto, a fukuro shinai, and a habiki (metal sword).
**This is a special order item:
- These items can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive here before they are ready to be shipped out by the selected courier service.
- Special order items are not eligible for return or exchange under any circumstances.
- Please review product details carefully before adding these items to your shopping cart.
Please Note: If you place an order for other items, they will be held and shipped together with the special order item when it is available. Alternatively you can place separate orders so your regular items will be shipped sooner.