Low kicks are powerful, fast, and effective exactly what you need to defend yourself in a real life confrontation. And because they are seldom used in sport fighting, they can be a surprising and valuable addition to your free fighting arsenal.
While they may seem easy to execute, not all low kicks are simply low versions of the basic kicks. There are specific attributes and principles that make low kicks work. Marc de Bremaeker has collected the most effective low kicking techniques from Martial Arts like Krav Maga, Karatedo, Capoeira, Wing-Chun Kung-Fu, MMA, and Muay Thai.
In Low Kicks: Advanced Martial Arts Kicks for Attacking the Lower Gates, he analyzes each kick in depth, explaining the proper execution and outlining applications and variations from self-defense, sport fighting and traditional practice. Hundreds of examples illustrated by one thousand photographs and illustrations will help you master the important skill of low kicking and become a better and more well-rounded fighter regardless of style.
Marc De Bremaeker has been involved in martial arts for fifty years. Once a successful traditional and full-contact Karate competitor renowned for flashy kicking, he has since taken to teaching and researching the common roots and principles uniting all world martial arts. He has previously authored an encyclopedic book about Martial Arts Kicks that this work completes from the training side. Holding black belts from several schools and organizations, he has practiced many other fighting sports, with special interest in kicking and kick drilling methods.
Low Kicks: General 15
Introduction to Low Kicks 16
To chamber or not to chamber? 19
1. The Soccer Low Front Kick 21
2. The Front Low Kick 34
3. The Groin Front Kick 42
4. The High-Chambered Stomp Front Kick 46
5. The Tilted-Heel Low Front Kick 56
6. The Low Roundhouse Kick 62
7. The Low Straight-Leg Roundhouse Kick 71
8. The Low Straight-Leg Roundhouse Sweep 81
9. The Low Downward Roundhouse Kick 86
10. The Low Hook Kick 91
11. The Low Spin-Back Hook Kick 97
12. The Low Side Kick 103
13. The Low Side Stomp Kick 110
14. The Low Back Kick 118
15. The Low Back Stomp Kick 125
16. The Heel-Outside Low Kick 127
17. The Angular Kick to the Knee 133
18. The Front Pushing Stop-Kick to Knee-Scrape 135
19. The Flying Stomp Kick 136
20. Other Low Kicks 138
Pages: 142 pages
Photos: 1000+ photos